BELLEVUE, WA, and MADRID / MAY 3, 2016 — Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and Amadeus IT Group today announce a new global, long-term agreement. The agreement enables Expedia to offer air, car, rail, cruise, and hotel products through the Amadeus global distribution system, and adds Orbitz Worldwide brands in addition to the Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Wotif Group, Expedia Affiliate Network and Egencia brands covered by the previous agreement.
The agreement builds on the companies’ established Upgrade Options partnership and ensures continued innovation for the more than 8.6 billion flight searches Expedia customers conduct every year. Expedia offers Upgrade Options for multiple carriers in North America and Europe as well as pre-paid, checked baggage offerings on certain sites around the world.
Commenting on the agreement, Greg Schulze, senior vice president Global Tour and Transport at Expedia, Inc. said, “Expedia’s commitment is to deliver an exceptional air shopping and booking experience by making it easy for travelers to find exactly what they want. Amadeus helps Expedia to be the very best place to shop for flights.”
“Expedia is a major online travel player. We are excited to expand our partnership and to continue working together to power innovative travel experiences to delight consumers worldwide,” says Holger Taubmann, Senior Vice President, Distribution, Amadeus.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
• Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries • Hotels.com®, a preeminent global lodging expert operating in more than 65 countries and 35 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
• Orbitz Worldwide, a global travel portfolio including Orbitz, ebookers and CheapTickets brands, and business-to-business offerings including Orbitz Partner Network and Orbitz for Business
• Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B business that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions • trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide • HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
• Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
• Travelocity®, a pioneer in online travel and a leading online travel brand in the US and Canada • Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars and Hot Rate® Airfares, as well as vacation packages
• Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers • Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
• Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
• CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries • Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
• Venere.com™, an online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
• Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 220 retail travel agency franchises across North America